Sunday, March 2, 2008

Goodbye February, Hello Spring.........

Wow! Again another month came and went. Time just seems to slip on by. Made it through another Leap Year/Day. This must mean that Spring is not too far away......The Hummingbirds are back!

But, I did do a lot this past month. I bought a spinning wheel. It's used but I really didn't want to spend a lot of money at this time when I'll be trying to learn. Once I learn then I'll invest in a more expensive one. What I got was a "Babe". Apparently, I have heard through other blogs that spinners with the more expensive and beautiful wheels seem to think these aren't the real thing.....oh well. Can there also be spinning snobs? I know I'm a yarn snob but I won't put someone down due to them not preferring the same yarn as me.

I attended the Madrona again this year. If I was rich I would have been in heaven...I did purchase another Drop Spindle. That makes 3 now. I also bought some fingering weight yarn in University of Washington Huskies colors...the great purple and gold. Go DAWGS!

Last night I bound off my Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie. I just have to knit up the other pocket and seam up the hood. Today I'm going shopping for a zipper. I am so excited. It seems to fit also. Which is always a good thing. That was my issues for shying away from sweater knitting. But, by George, I think I've got it........

Photos to come later.

I also purchased a new mp3 player. This one is 2gb. Now I can crame more knitting podcasts in it. Keeps me entertained while walking my route every day.

Hopefully, I will post more this month. But until then "Keep on Clickin'"

No comments: