Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Big "50" Abduction


Well, on Friday morning I was abducted by my BFF Janet. She whisked me off to the Victoria Clipper for an overnight trip to Victoria BC, Canada. She and my DBF Michael had this all planned for a couple of weeks. Boy, did they get me good.

Here are the photos of the trip.



I did not leave "Owl" behind....




Here's Owl looking up some of the city's attractions.


Here I am getting a little sick from the rough ride through the "Straights" Of course, Janet made me up a Barf Bag in French.....

Here is Owl and I standing on the balcony of our hotel room. The famous "Empress Hotel" in the background. We are so excited about "High Tea" there tomorrow.Owl and I are in yarn heaven. We found "Beehive Wool" on Douglas Street. About a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We did a lot of fondling......This is a must see if you ever go to Victoria.




Here we all are checking out the cool phone booth. Although, Owl really wanted to make a call to "Jolly ole'" England! We had to yank her out of there.......



"Oh my gosh!" My heart be still.....is that really the "Traveling Gnome"?





Does it look like me???


Here' s a guy for the ladies below....


Here I am at the Legislation Building. For those of you that don't know, Victoria is the capital of British Columbia. Here we all are at "High Tea" in the beautiful majestic Empress Hotel. They began having high tea here in 1909 because the Duchess of Bedford would complain about getting a little hungry around 5 pm every day. So high tea began and became a tradition here at the Empress. the tea sandwiches, scones and cookies were wonderful. The tea I had here was the best I have ever experienced. Can't wait to have it again. They gave you a complimentary box of tea at the end.













Look they didn't even leave me a crumb........(sigh)


The Empress Hotel and it's beautiful surroundings.

We couldn't leave Victoria without posing with our favorite guy that sits outside our hotel at the fountain.



Here we are back on the Clipper, with all our stash, for the ride back to Seattle. Hopefully, it won't be as rough as the trip up. This time I have my motion sickness pills and ginger candy to help.



If this is what happens at 50, I can't wait for my next birthday......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! This reminds me that I need to visit Victoria again soon :)